Here we discuss about the WordPress Permalink Setting. It is a permanent link to the particular post or to a category. It allows setting the default permanent link structure to a post or to a category. Mainly these setting are used to add permalink (permanent link) to your posts in a WordPress.
Here are some steps to change or to access the permalink setting.
Step 1 : Permalink setting is displayed in setting section of wordpress dashboard so, click on setting and then on Permalink.
Step 2 : In Permalink setting page their you will see many points as given below:
- Common Setting : In there are many radio buttons by choosing one of them you can set the permalink structure to your posts.
- Default : It will set the default url structure for your post in wordpress.
- Day and Name : In this url structure for your post will be set according to date and name.
- Month and Name : In this url structure for your post will be set according to month and name.
- Numeric : It will set the number in the url structure for your post.
- Post name : It will set the post name url structure for posts.
- Custom Structure : In this you can set the url (by writing) whatever you want to see for your posts.
- Optional : These are optional. You can add custom structure for main category or tag URL. If your text box is empty then default settings is used. Here you have two options.
- Category base : Add custom prefix for your category URL.
- Tag base : Add custom prefix to your Tags URL.
Step 3 : When you fill all the point then click on the Save Changes to save your information which you have changed in permalink setting Option.