WordPress General Setting : In this Section, we will know about “General Settings” in a WordPress. WordPress general setting is used to set the basic configuration settings for your site. In the setting administration screen, it is a default setting screen.
Follow these steps to access or to change the general settings −
Step 1 : Click on Settings → General option in WordPress.
Step 2 : The General Setting page is displayed the points as given below:
These are the details of the fields on general settings page.
- Site Title − It displays the name of your site in the header section.
- Tagline − Displays a short sentence about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) − It is the URL of WordPress directory where your all core application files are present.
- Site Address(URL) − Enter the site URL which you want your site to display on the browser.
- E-mail Address − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover your password or any update.
- Membership − Anyone can register an account on your site after you check this checkbox.
- New User Default Role − The default role is set for the newly registered user or members.
- Timezone − Sets the time zone based on the particular city.
- Date Format − Sets the date format as you need to display on the site.
- Time Format − Sets the time format as you need to display on the site.
- Week Starts On − Select the week day which you prefer to start for WordPress calendar. By default it is set as Monday.
- Site Language − Sets the language for the WordPress dashboard generally it is english.
Step 3 : After filling all the information about general settings, click on Save Changes button. It saves all your general setting information which you have changed to your site.