Here we discuss about the WordPress Discussion Setting. Discussion Setting can be defined as it is used to interact with visitors. These setting is mainly done by Blogger to have control on the posts, pages.
Here are some steps to change or to access the discussion setting.
Step 1: Discussion setting is displayed in setting section of wordpress dashboard so, click on setting and then on Discussion.
Step 2 : On discussion setting page their you will see many points as given below:
1. Default post setting : Whenever you create a new page or a post then these setting are to that post or page. But it contains three other points, you have to select them but its on your choice if you want to select then select otherwise leave it uncheck. These points are:
- Attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the post : In this setting when you posts an article then it sends a notification to another posts.
- Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new posts : It means that post will accept the notification (ping) from other posts.
- Allow people to submit comments on new posts : In this you allow or disallow the visitor to comment on your posts.
2. Other comment setting : In this settings there are many points and they are given below:
- Comment author must fill out name and email : If you make tick on this box then the visitor who wants to comment on your post first they have fill there name and email without filling both option they cant comment on your post.
- Users must be registered and logged in to comment : If you check this box, only registered visitors can leave comments on your post, if not checked anyone can leave any number of comments.
- Automatically close comments on posts older than 14 days : It means that comments on your post will deleted after 14 days if you checked this box otherwise it will not be deleted.
- Enable threaded (nested) comments : If you select this box then visitor can reply on your post and they will get response also.
- Break comments into pages with top level comments per page and the page displayed by default : If your pages are getting a lot of comments then you can split them into different pages by checking this box.
- Comments should be displayed with the comments at the top of each page : In this you can set the comments on post in ascending or descending order.
3. Email me whenever : In this setting there are 2 points and they are given below :
- Anyone post a comment : In this setting whenever a visitor comments on your post then you will get a mail that ….. has comment on you post………
- A comment is held for moderation : This is used in case you do not want your comment to be updated before it’s moderated by the admin.
4. Before a comment appear : This setting is for to control your post comments . This setting is further divide into two parts:
- Comment must be manually approved : If you select this box then the comment which will be approved by blogger or developer will show on posts or pages.
- Comment author must have a previously approved comment : This can be checked when you want to approve a comment of an author whose has commented and his e-mail address matches the e-mail address of the previous posted comment. Otherwise the comment is held for moderation.
5. Comment Moderation : Contain only a specific number of links that are allowed into a comment.
6. Disallowed Comment Keys : In this setting you can input your own spam words which you do not want your visitors to enter into the comments, URL, e-mail etc.; later it would filter the comments.
7. Avatars : Avatar is a small image that displays at the top-right-hand corner of the dashboard screen beside your name. It is like your profile picture. Here you have a few more options where you can set your avatar for WordPress site.
- Avatar Display : It displays your avatar besides your name when it is checked.
- Maximum Rating : You have a four other options of avatars you can use. They are G, PG, R and X. This is the age section where you select according to which type of audience you want to display your posts.
- Default Avatar : In this option, there are few more types of avatars with images; you can keep these avatars according to your visitors e-mail address.
Step 3) : When you fill all the point then click on the Save Changes to to save your information which you have changed in discussion setting Option in wordpress dashboard.