Welcome to PHP! : The PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language that allows web developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. PHP is basically used for developing web based software applications. This tutorial helps you to build your base with PHP.
Why to Learn PHP?
PHP is a MUST for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer specially when they are working in Web Development Domain. I will list down some of the key advantages of learning PHP:
- PHP is a recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- It handles dynamic content, database as well as session tracking for the website.
- You can create sessions in PHP.
- It can access cookies variable and also set cookies.
- It helps to encrypt the data and apply validation.
- PHP supports several protocols such as HTTP, POP3, SNMP, LDAP, IMAP, and many more.
- Using PHP language, you can control the user to access some pages of your website.
Characteristics of PHP
Five important characteristics make PHP’s practical nature possible −
Hello Learners using PHP.
<html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>
This PHP tutorial is designed for PHP programmers who are completely unaware of PHP concepts but they have basic understanding on computer programming.
Before proceeding with this tutorial you should have at least basic understanding of computer programming, Internet, Database, and MySQL etc is very helpful.