Welcome to MySQL! : Once you understand what a database is, understanding SQL is easy. SQL stands for Structured Query Language.
- SQL is used to access and manipulate a database.
- MySQL is a program that understands SQL.
- insert, update, or delete records in a database.
- create new databases, table, stored procedures, views.
- retrieve data from a database, etc.
A database is a collection of data that is organized in a manner that facilitates ease of access, as well as efficient management and updating.
A database is made up of tables that store relevant information.
This tutorial is prepared for the beginners to help them understand the basics-to-advanced concepts related to MySQL languages.
Before you start doing practice with various types of examples given in this tutorial, it is being assumed that you are already aware about what a database is, especially an RDBMS and what is a computer programming language.