In HTML5, there are lots of new elements are added which provides some extra functionality to create an attractive and dynamic website. With the help of these HTML 5 Elements, you can make your code easy and quick.
HTML-5 New Tags:
Following is the complete list of the newly added element with their descriptions.
Structural or Semantic Tags:
▪ <article>: It defines the independent or self-contained content of a webpage.
▪ <aside>: It defines the content which provide information about the main content.
▪ <bdi>: It is used to isolate the part of text which might be formatted in another direction.
▪ <details>: It defines additional information which only visible as per user demand.
▪ <dialog>: It represents a dialog box or other interactive components.
▪ <figcaption>: It defines caption for the <figure> element.
▪ <figure>: It defines a self-contained content, and referenced as a single unit.
▪ <footer>: It represents the footer section of the webpage.
▪ <header>: It defines the introductory or navigational content of the webpage.
▪ <main>: It specifies the main content of the HTML document.
▪ <mark>: It represent the text which is highlighted or marked for reference or notation purposes.
▪ <meter>: It represents a scalar value within a known range.
▪ <nav>: It represents the section which contains navigation links.
▪ <progress>: It defines a progress bar which shows completions progress of a task.
▪ <rp>: It defines alternative content for the browser which do not support ruby annotations.
▪ <rt>: It defines explanations and pronunciations of characters in ruby annotations.
▪ <ruby>: It defines ruby annotations (Specifically for Asian language).
▪ <section>: It defines a generic section within an HTML document.
▪ <summary>: It defines summary or caption for a <details> element which can be clicked to change the state of <details> element.
▪ <time>: It defines data/time within an HTML document.
▪ <wbr>: It specifies a line break opportunity.
HTML5 Form Tags:
▪ <datalist>: It represent predefined list for input <option> element.
▪ <output>: It is used a container element to represent the output of a calculation or outcome of user action.
▪<canvas>: It allows drawing graphics and animations via scripting.
▪<svg>: It is used to draw scalable vector graphics.
HTML5 Media Tags:
▪ <audio>: It defines sound content.
▪ <embed>: It defines a container for external files/application/media.
▪ <source>: It defines multiple media resources for the media elements.
▪ <track>: It defines text tracks for <audio> and <video> files
▪ <video>: It defines video content within HTML document.
HTML5 New <input> types:
▪ color: It represents an input field which defines a color selector.
▪ date: It represents an input field to define a date selector.
▪ datetime: It defines full date and time display with time zone information.
▪ datetime-local: It defines date and time without time zone information.
▪ email: It defines an input field with email pattern Validation.
▪ month: It defines the input field to enter month for the particular year
▪ number: It defines field which selects a numeric value only.
▪ range: It defines a numeric value selector with a given range of 1 to 100.
▪ search: It is used to define a search field.
▪ tel: It represents a control to enter a telephone number.
▪ time: It represents a control to enter time value with no time zone.
▪ url: It represents an input field to enter a URL
▪ week: It defines a selector for week value for the particular year.